Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The end of a decade

It’s hard to find the words to express my feelings about my column coming to an end in the Town Crier. After almost 10 years of first creating the Pet Connection in the Divide Harvester in 1999 and then the Pet Corner in the Town Crier thanks to Editor Mark it is time to say good-bye to all my fans, readers, friends and anyone else who has received enjoyment from my column. When I started I was a little kitty not quite 1 year of age who had learned to use my Mom’s word processor which was the start of my writing career. In 2005 I was permitted to submit some stories to the Chicken Soup for Cat Lovers because I was a cat who wrote and I followed their rules. Unfortunately at that time they received so many submissions that my stories as well as many other cat writers fell by the wayside.
At least the experience was well worth the effort.

The whole purpose of the column was to first be an Animal Rights Advocate speaking out for all pets who couldn’t speak for themselves and then to teach all pet caregivers that their pets were not pieces of property but rather members of their families. I feel that I definitely accomplished this feat. Hopefully the experience of writing my column will lead me to continue to find a way to share my stories, vital pet information and feelings some time in the future – some where else.

So until we meet again, a big PURRRRR, nose nuzzle and snuggle to one and all from me,

Timmy, the Tiger


Email address: 1coolkat@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment