Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dexter

Last week my friend Tammy at our Vet's office called to say there was a lady who rescues cats, had a kitty in need of a home. He was feral, a brown & white tabby, fixed, with all his shots, healthy and disease free. When he first arrived, he was cautious with major trust issues. Once he felt comfortable he took over claiming all laps as his special places to recline. He became a real lover and fit right in. The lady's name is Sandy and they also have 2 dogs in residence. This kitty is now named Dexter and he has established ground rules for the dogs. "This is my space." "That is your space." "I won't invade your space and you won't invade mine." Before I talked to Sandy, something told me (perhaps it was Timmy whispering in my ear) that Dexter belonged with Sandy and her family. It was just this feeling I had. Today I finally got to talk to her and guess what? She absolutely adores Dexter and can't picture their family without him. This is a happy ending for everyone, even me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy Dexter has found his forever family. Sounds like he'll be keeping those doggies in line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I heard that I thought he might possibly be a good fit for us. But it wasn't meant to be at this time.

    ReplyDelete