Sunday, December 6, 2009

2 yrs. a winner!

Time flies fast as we become more mature. As of December 6th, 2009 it was 2 years ago that I came home from the hospital after my second bout of Leukemia. I was in remission. So I guess you could say I am in my 2nd year of remission. The difference between this disease(cancer) and most of the other types of cancer you count each day, month and year in remission as a blessing. You could make it to 5 yrs. in remission and with no warning it comes back. That happened to Bill Walsh, former head coach of the SF 49ers. He was in remission 5 yrs. in 2007 and it came back. This time he lost the battle. Leukemia won. So I count myself lucky, grateful, thankful that I got to 2 years without ending up back in the hospital. Thank you God and my Mom & Dad.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very special anniversary, Kathy. Can't imagine a world without you!

    ReplyDelete