Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flashback

Earlier this week I was driving home from a trip to Auburn, CA on Hwy. 193 in Cool when I suddenly had a flashback to the night my beloved Timmy died.(It didn't affect my driving, honest.) I was reliving the moment he fell off the end table onto the floor, seeing that frightened look on his face as he tried to get up but couldn't. Then he was dragging himself across the floor to Barney. I was rushing to him, talking to him, loving him, trying to get him to breathe again and realizing my wonderful kitty was dying and then was gone. I was so startled and the experience was so hard having to relive it again that when I got home I just found a quiet place to reflect on this experience. Maybe it was Timmy reaching out to me telling me he misses me and loves me. Also he might have been telling me that there was nothing I could do to save him. Maybe one of these days another kitty will need me like he needed me 10 plus years ago when he was 6 weeks old and weighed 1 lb. Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I think feeling we are needed is a very powerful experience. It gives our lives a purpose beyond just taking care of ourselves. Surely that strengthened the deep bond between you and Timmy...just like the one between me and my beloved dogs Jake and Martha. So many critters are in desperate need of an earth angel...and one of them will find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always tell me what I need to hear to make me feel warm and fuzzy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete